Commonsense reasoning is the branch of Artificial intelligence concerned with replicating human thinking. There are several components to this problem, including:
- Developing adequately broad and deep commonsense knowledge bases.
- Developing reasoning methods that exhibit the features of human thinking, including:
- The ability to reason with knowledge that is true by default
- The ability to reason rapidly across a broad range of domains
- The ability to tolerate uncertainty in your knowledge
- The ability to take decisions under incomplete knowledge and perhaps revise that belief or decision when complete knowledge becomes available.
- Developing new kinds of cognitive architectures that support multiple reasoning methods and representations.