Colin Andrew Wilkie Cowie
(born January 3 1962
) is a famous lifestyle guru and party planner to the stars.
Educated in South Africa, he moved to the United States in 1985.
He hosted Everyday Elegance, which originally aired on the Romance Classics network, and later became WE for four seasons. He designed a line of fine china for Lenox, and in 2004 he designed a line houseware products for J.C. Penney. He currently has a line of products under the CSquared name available exclusively through Wal-Mart.
He was a contributing editor for InStyle and
O, The Oprah Magazine. He has corporate offices in New York and Los Angeles, and has authored several books. He is currently a lifestyle contributor for CBS, and regularly appears on The Early Show. He is a frequent guest on The Oprah Winfrey Show, and has planned numerous events for her.
Openly gay, Cowie has promoted charitable causes for many years. He became a naturalized United States citizen in 2004. He lives in New York City
- He has used his party planning skills for, among others, Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta, Jerry Seinfeld, Tom Cruise, Lisa Kudrow, Hugh Hefner, Sting, and planned the gala wedding of Survivor couple Rob and Amber.
- He has played the piano since the age of 7.
- He was the co-host along with Lisa Dergan in the reality wedding competition series Race to the Altar in late 2003.
- A profile of Cowie in the yearly periodical, Biography, suggested that he may have been the inspiration for the flamboyant, heavily accented, wedding planner Franck (played by Martin Short) in the remake of Father of the Bride and its sequel, Father of the Bride, Part II.
- Effortless Elegance, 1996
- Weddings, 1997
- For the Bride, 1999
- For the Groom, 1999
- Dinner After Dark, 2002
- Colin Cowie Weddings, 2003
- Colin Cowie's Extraordinary Weddings, 2006
- Chic, 2007