The Chenab Club
is one of the prime recreation clubs in Faisalabad
. It was the first social clubs that Faisalabad (then known as Lyallpur) ever had during the nineteenth century when the city was formed. It still exists today and is used by the elite society of Faisalabad.
During the first decade of the 20th century, Mr. Henry cues (1904-1906), the first deputy commissioner (D.C.) of Lyallpur (now Faisalabad), conceived a plan to establish a social club where the British officers serving in "Sandal Bar" could gather at their leisure. The proposed plan was brought into action in December 1909 when captain dugglis was appointed as new D.C. of Lyallpur. Since the club was supposed to cater for the British officers for their non-official social activities, therefore no money was sanctioned by the Government for the construction of this club. During the initial phase of the construction of club, all the expenditures incurred were borne by "British Sahib Bahadurs" (British Officers).
In March 1910, Club was established in Qaisary Bagh (Now Company Bagh/Jinnah Gardens). The land for this purpose was acquired from "Irrigation Dept".