The Charles Playhouse
is a Off-Broadway Theater
located at 74 Warrenton St. in Boston
near Beacon Hill
Blue Man Group
and Shear Madness
currently play there.
The Charles Playhouse was originally designed in 1839 as the Fifth Universalist
Church by architect Asher Benjamin
it became the second home of Congregation Ohabei Shalom
, the first synagogue
It was later transformed into a speakeasy
called the "The Lido Venice".
Charles Playhouse was at 54 Charles Street in Boston
then moved to the current Warrenton Street location