Cannibal is the fifth studio album by Static-X, released on April 3, 2007. This is the first album from the band to contain guitar solos, in which every song with the exception of "Goat" has one. It is the first Static-X album without an "otsego" song included, much to the surprise of fans. It is also the first Static-X album since Machine to have three singles released from it.
The album debuted at #36 on the U.S. Billboard 200 with sales of about 30,000. To date, the album has sold around 160,000 copies.
- "Cannibal" – 3:13
- "No Submission" – 2:42
- "Behemoth" – 3:00
- "Chemical Logic" – 3:51
- "Destroyer" – 2:47
- "Forty Ways" – 3:01
- "Chroma-Matic" – 2:44
- "Cuts You Up" – 3:26
- "Reptile" – 2:31
- "Electric Pulse" – 2:40
- "Goat" – 3:48
- "Team Hate" – 3:25
- "Light It Up" – 3:11 (Best Buy Edition)
- "I'm the One" (Wayne Static's Disco Destroyer Remix) – 3:37 (Best Buy Edition)
- "Get Up and Boogie" – 2:25 (Internet Edition)
- "Beneath, Between, Beyond" – 3:00 (iTunes Edition)
When asked about the album, Wayne Static
The first song released from the album was "Cannibal
". However, the song "Destroyer
" was released as the first single to radio, and a music video was made to accompany it.
The track "No Submission" is additionally available on the Saw III soundtrack. The title song "Cannibal" was released to iTunes on February 5 as a digital download single. "Destroyer" appeared later, on February 13 and appeared as an EP by March 20. The music video for "Destroyer" premiered on the internet on April 6.
While the title song "Cannibal" was inspired by Wayne's vegetarian thoughts of people eating meat, "Reptile" is simply about being eaten alive by a huge reptile. On January 18, 2007, a MySpace bulletin from the band revealed the track listing.
The album is available in the standard 12-track edition (both clean and explicit), special internet edition with the bonus track "Get Up and Boogie", Best Buy
edition with two bonus tracks ("Light It Up" and a remix of "I'm the One") and was briefly offered in limited supply with a booklet signed by members of the band. When downloading the album from the iTunes
store, you get another bonus track called "Beneath, Between, Beyond", which is also the title of band's only compilation album
, even though the song was written two plus years after the album was released. This was also the first Static-X album to be released on vinyl
||The Billboard 200
||Top Rock Albums
||Australian ARIA Charts
- John Travis - Producer & Mixing
- Ulrich Wild - Producer, Recorded, and Mixing
- Tom Baker - Mastering
- John 5 - First Guitar Solo on "Cannibal"
- Bruce Reiter - Tour Manager - front of house sound engineer
- Dink - Assistant Tour Manager, Personal Assistant
- Brandon Webster - Stage Manager, Lighting
- Eric Fincher - Guitar/Bass Technician
- Johnny b - drum tech/monitor engineer
- Steven Gilmore - Art Direction, Design, Digital Imagery
- Jason Gitlitz - Assistant Engineer
- Andy Gould - Management
- Dean Karr - Photography
- Assen Stoyanov - Assistant Engineer