The Buck Hill Covered Bridge, Eichelberger's Covered Bridge, or Abram Hess's Mill Bridge is a covered bridge located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, United States. It is located on the Buck Hill Farm's pond on private property.
The bridge's WGCB Number is 38-36-15. In 1980 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places as structure number 80003528. It is located on private property at (40.13233, -76.30050).
The bridge is one of only 3 covered bridges in the county with horizontal side boards.
The original build date and builder of the covered bridge is unknown. However, it was probably built around
1825 to provide access to Abram Hess's store. In 1844 the bridge was sold to George Eichelberger
. That same year the bridge was heavily damaged in a flood and had to be repaired. It was rebuilt by Theodore D. Cochran
at a cost of $799
. The bridge was moved, in 1966, to the Buck Hill Farm, a private farm located in Warwick Township
1.2 km (0.75 mi) south of Kissel Hill
on Pennsylvania route 501.
- Length: 58 feet (17.7 m) total length
- Width: 15 feet (4.6 m) total width