, also known as Tai Pau Mai
indigenously, Tsim Sha Tsui Point
or Signal Hill
is a cape
before any reclamation
in Tsim Sha Tsui
, Hong Kong
. It was named after a German
businessman in Hong Kong named Friedrich Johan Berthold Schwarzkopf
, who naturalised as a British citizen and anglicised
his name as Blackhead.
It was where typhoon signals were hoisted in Hong Kong because it is the highest hill near the middle of Victoria Harbour. It remains as a small hill near the coast. From 1908 to 1933, the time ball tower of the Hong Kong Observatory was located on the hill.