In Bignall End there is a Post Office, Butchers, barbers and a Londis. Most local shopping is done in Audley village, approximately 1 mile from Bignall End.
There are two public houses The Swan (or "the duck") located on Chapel Street and the Plough on Ravens Lane. Both public houses
Audely Working Men's Club and Audley Football club are also located with Bignall End.
In White's History in 1851, Bignall End is described as having "a number of scattered houses and cottages, one mile E of Audley, and several collieries."