Beyer, Peacock and Company was an English railway Locomotive manufacturer with a factory in Gorton, Manchester. Founded by Charles Beyer and Richard Peacock, it traded from 1854 until 1966. It received limited liability in 1902, becoming Beyer, Peacock and Company Limited.
Important designs were the Beyer-Garratt articulated locomotives widely used in Africa, notably on South and East African Railways, and Australia and the 4-4-0 tank locomotives used on the Metropolitan and District lines of London Underground from 1864 until electrification in 1905. They also built 2-4-0 tank locomotives for lines in Norway and the famous Manx Peacock design for the gauge Isle of Man Railway
The first Garratt locomotive constructed was TGR K Class for the Tasmanian Government Railways on the western Tasmanian North East Dundas Tramway; K1 is now preserved on the Welsh Highland Railway together with the last Garratt Beyer Peacock built SAR NGG 16 Class No.143.
In addition to building steam locomotives, Beyer, Peacock & Co. also built the 10 British Rail Class 82, 25KV AC electric locomotives to a Metropolitan Vickers design, and the 101 British Rail Class 35 diesel hydraulic locomotives. They also collaborated with Metropolitan Vickers in building the Western Australia Government Railways X class, diesel electric locomotives, and the New South Wales 46 class, 1500 V DC electric locomotives at Bowesfield Works, Stockton-on-Tees.