The moshav was founded in 1949 by immigrants from Bulgaria on the ruins of the abandoned Arab village of Dayr Tarif. It has originally named Ahlama one of the 12 stones in the Hoshen, the sacred breastplate worn by a Jewish high priest (two other nearby settlements, Bareket and Nofekh, are also named after such stones).
In the early 1950s some immigrants from Yemen arrived in the area, and built homes around half a kilometre away. After disagreements between the two groups, the original residents left and moved to Ginaton (a moshav also founded by Bulgarian immigrants) in 1953.
'Threats to open space ever-increasing'. SPNI decries planning and building hazards to country's land that endanger local wildlife
Jan 17, 2012; SHARON UDASIN Jerusalem Post 01-17-2012 'Threats to open space ever-increasing'. SPNI decries planning and building hazards to...