is a village in the municipality (Gemeinde
in the district Göttingen
. The nucleated village of 250 residents (as of December 31
) is primarily agricultural. The village mayor is Marlene Hille. The village's escutcheon is of a green linden
tree on a silver background. .
The village was settled in the High Middle Ages, some time after 1100.
The local church was founded in 1432, probably after or about the time the village gained nominal independence from Kerstlingerode
, though the church remained an affiliate of the Kerstlingerode church. During the suzerainty battles of the period 1592-1620, the Mainz
forces occupied and severely aggrieved the commmunity. In the ensuing Thirty Years' War
, the village also suffered, with the dragoons and their horses beggaring the community. .
In 1800, there were about 280 residents .