It was created for the 1918 general election, when the former Battersea constituency was divided in two. It was abolished for the 1983 general election, when it was reunited with most of Battersea South to form the new Battersea constituency.
In 1965 Battersea became part of the London Borough of Wandsworth. This, however made no immediate change to the parliamentary constituencies. It was not until the general election of 1974 that the constituency boundaries were altered. Renamed Wandsworth, Battersea North, the seat was defined as consisting of five wards of the London Borough: Latchmere, Queenstown, St John's, St Mary's Park and Shaftesbury. Shaftesbury and St John's were transferred from Battersea South. These boundaries were used until abolition.
|1918||Richard Morris||Coalition Liberal|
|1923||Henry Cairn Hogbin||Liberal|
|1929||William Stephen Saunders||Labour|
|1935||William Stephen Saunders||Labour|
|1983||''Constituency abolished: see Battersea|
William Saunders resigned in 1940, leading to a by-election.