is located at the east end of Kamloops
, south of Dallas
in British Columbia
. The area includes riding stables
, honey bee farms, and ranches
. There is a local store called Happy Valley Foods, and a local elementary school, Robert L. Clemitson
. The main road which runs through Barnhartvale is Barnhartvale Road. Todd Road and Pratt Road are the main accesses through the subdivided western portion of Barnhartvale. In 1973, Barnhartvale and other outlying communities were amalgamated with the City of Kamloops.
Barnhartvale was originally referred to as Campbell Creek or Campbell's Creek until 1909. It is now named after Peter Barnhart. Barnhart opened a post office and in 1909 the name was changed to Barnhart Vale Post. In 1978 the spelling was formally changed to one word, Barnhartvale.
1865 marks the beginning of the written history of Barnhartvale. That was the year that James Todd and Lewis (Lew) Campbell, the first two pioneers, arrived. The next settlers in the region were John and William McLeod in 1879. A major road in the area is named after the Robert and Henry Pratt families who occupied the bulk of the valley after 1890.
- Balf, Mary, Kamloops: A History of the District Up To 1914, Kamloops Museum Archive, Kamloops, 1969, pp. 123-127