(born 1951) is a historian of Anglo-Saxon England
She studied history and archaeology at Exeter University, where she completed both her undergraduate degree and her Ph.D. She is currently Professor of Early Medieval History at the University of Winchester, and is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society.
Her publications include:
- Yorke, Barbara. Kings and Kingdoims of Early Anglo-Saxon England. London, Seaby, 1990. ISBN 1-85264-027-8
- Yorke, Barbara. Nunneries and the Anglo-Saxon Royal Houses. Continuum International, 2003. ISBN 0826460402
- Yorke, Barbara. Wessex in the Early Middle Ages. Continuum International, 1995.
- Yorke, Barbara. The Conversion of Britain: Religion, Politics and Society in Britain, 600-800. Longman, 2006. ISBN 0582772923
- Yorke, Barbara. The Anglo-Saxons. Sutton, 1999.
- Yorke, Barbara. Bishop Aethelwold His Career and Influence. The Boydell Press, 1997.