Arlington Baptist High School
is a Christian
private high school located in Baltimore, Maryland
. It was established in 1975, with the first seniors graduating in 1976 and is an extension of Arlington Baptist Church which was founded in 1948 by Peter Bisset. As the ministry grew (it reached its peak in the 1970s), a lower school was added in 1969 and the High School in 1975. During this time, expansion of the ministry took place and a nursing home, retirement complex and a cemetery were added. Although not directly affiliated, there were other "sister ministries" such as the Peter & John Bookstore, a radio station - WRBS-FM
95.1, and River Valley Ranch
(a Western-themed Christian summer camp and conference center). When dramatic increases in medical care occurred in the early 1980s, the nursing home was sold.
Enrollment in the High school reached a peak in the mid-1980s but experienced a decline into the 1990s.
The School is located just outside the Beltway in Baltimore, Maryland. The name "Arlington" comes from the original area where the church was founded - near the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore. The mascot for the school is the eagle. From the mid-1990s until 2004, Arlington participated in the MIAA and IAAM athletic conferences in the Baltimore/Washington metro area, with certain teams such as the men's and women's basketball teams winning the state championship for their conference several times.
The school continues to propagate Christian principles in the context of a secure educational environment. The enrollment reaches church families as well as those in the community seeking education from a Biblical standpoint.