("the hunter") is the name of several individuals.
In Greek mythology
- 1. King Argeus of Argos, the son of Megapenthes, and possibly the father of Anaxagoras.
- 2. Argeus, a surname of Pan (mythology) and Aristaeus.See also Agreus.
- 3. Argeus, one of the sons (in a rare version of the myth) of Phineus and Danaë, the other being Argus. Danae came to Italy with her sons.
- 4. Argeus, son of Deiphontes.
- Argeus, with Narcissus and Marcellinus, are Roman Catholic martyrs with a feast of January 2.
- It is the old name of Mount Erciyes in Kayseri, Turkey.