(originally spelled "Aqua-fresh
") is a brand of toothpaste
that has been on sale since 1979
. It is manufactured by consumer healthcare product maker GlaxoSmithKline
. One of its distinguishing features is its striped pattern; currently the stripes are red, white, and blue (aqua), although initially there were only blue and white stripes.
The slogan for Aquafresh is "three in one protection for your family".
- Aquafresh Triple Protection - Aquafresh introduced this type of toothpaste in 2005, which, as they said, "gives good breath, strengthens teeth with fluoride, and fights cavities".
- Aquafresh White & Shine - This toothpaste was introduced as a product that not only protected against cavities, but significantly whitened teeth.
- Aquafresh Extreme Clean - This brand is marketed specifically to kill bad breath. Aquafresh says that this brand works because of "micro-active foam." This is available in mint and cold flavors.
- Aquafresh also offers a sensitive teeth toothpaste, marketed to those with "touchy" teeth.
- Aquafresh Bubblemint - This toothpaste is available for children. It is advertised as having a "unique nozzle action".
- Aquafresh Isoactive, a "foaming gel" claimed to remove 25% more bacteria, introduced in 2008.
Aquafresh has also started a line of toothbrushes
for children and adults. In 2004, they introduced the Max-Active
brand, which was promoted as the first to fit the size of any tooth. There are also Dragon Tales
toothbrushes for children.
Aquafresh's DentiChew, a chewing gum to have a short substitute for brushing, flossing, and mouthwashing to an extent, was one almost unrecognized product. Citing unnoticability on market shelves, and poor dentist demands, the product was only on the market for a few weeks.
Aquafresh also launched a tooth-whitening product, Aquafresh White Trays, in February 2007.