is a cathedral
in north-west Italy
built in the 4th century. It was replaced in the 11th century by a new edifice dedicated to the Madonna
. The architecture of the cathedral was modified during the 15th and 16th century. The present facade, in neoclassical
style was built between 1846 and 1848.
The remaining structure of the Romanesque period are two clock-towers and the crypt. At the same era belongs also the remaining part of a fresco cycle on the church ceiling (Ottonian art