is a Japanese
model and actress.
Maeda is notable for performing Shiori Kitano in the 2003 film Battle Royale II: Requiem, as well as for voicing the title role in the anime series Kino's Journey (for which she also performed a theme song to the series, "Beautiful World"). Her younger sister is Aki Maeda. Ai Maeda came into the spotlight when she was only 8 years old, appearing in a McDonald's commercial. From there her career started off. She modeled along with her sister Aki Maeda when they were young until she was 16/17 years old, when she starred in many movies and TV series.
Maeda has a height of 151 cm (4'11"). Her blood type is B and she is right-handed. Ai is skilled in the piano, Tate (fighting battles on the movie set) and the English language (Ai studied abroad in Canada for a year in 2000).
She is also a graduate of Aoyama Gakuin University (Faculty of Economics, International Politics and Communications).
- 1993: Debuted in a McDonald's commercial together with her sister Aki. She was in her fourth year of primary school.
- 1994: Ai and Aki joined the manager firm "Crayon".
- 1994 April: Became a regular cast of the show Appare-Sanma Sensei.
- 1997: Changed manager to "Granpapa".
- 1997: Formed the group "Pretty Chat" with Maya Hamaoka, Yuuka Nomura and Ayako Omura, releasing a single album "Wake up girls".
- 2003: On her 20th birthday she voiced her first anime Kino no Tabi
- 4 Shimai Tantei Dan, 2008
- Kami no hidarite akuma no migite, 2006
- Kamyu nante shiranai, 2005
- Gokudô no onna-tachi: Jôen, 2005
- Azumi 2: Death or Love, 2005
- Guuzen nimo saiaku na shounen, 2003
- Battle Royale II: Requiem, 2003
- Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, 2001
- Battle Royale, 2000 (voice)
- Gamera 3: Awakening of Irys, 1999
- Toire no Hanako-san, 1995