A Maximum High is the second studio album by the British band Shed Seven, released in 1996. The album was written by all four band members at the time of release; Rick Witter, Paul Banks, Tom Gladwin and Alan Leach.
The band held writing and rehearsal sessions at a local potato plant, RS Cockerill's of York, prior to recording the album. Numerous tracks on the album feature the highly renowned session musicians, The Kick Horns and The Phantom Horns, adding a 'brassier' undertone to the featured songs.
The album spawned 5 Top 40 UK hit singles for the band in Where Have You Been Tonight?, Getting Better, Going For Gold, On Standby and Bully Boy. The Japanese album release featured an additional bonus track, Song Seven, which was to be found as a b-side on the UK single release of 'Getting Better'.
- "Getting Better"
- "Magic Streets"
- "Where Have You Been Tonight?"
- "Going For Gold"
- "On Standby"
- "Out By My Side"
- "This Day Was Ours"
- "Falling From the Sky"
- "Bully Boy"
- "Parallel Lines"
- "Song Seven" [Japanese Bonus Track]
A limited edition of the album called 'A Maximum High Special Edition' issued five months after the regular album featured a bonus CD with the following tracks:
- Long Time Dead (New Version) - (from the single On Standby)
- Around Your House - (from the single Speakeasy)
- Swing My Wave - (from the single Where Have You Been Tonight?)
- Out By My Side (Piano Version)
- Immobilise - (from the single Dolphin)
- Killing Time - (from the single On Standby)
- This Is My House - (from the single Where Have You Been Tonight?)
- Sensitive - (from the single Ocean Pie)
- Barracuda - (from the single Going for Gold)
- Mobile 10 - (from the single Mark/Casino Girl)
- Stepping On Hearts - (from the single On Standby)
- Never Again - (from the single Ocean Pie)
- Song Seven - (from the single Getting Better
- Making Waves - (from the single Going for Gold)
- Sleep Easy - (from the single Ocean Pie)
- Only Dreaming - (from the single Getting Better)