) is the natural number
and preceding 65
is the square of 8
, the cube of 4
, and the sixth power of 2
. It is the smallest number with exactly seven divisors
. It is the lowest positive power of two
that is adjacent to neither a Mersenne prime
nor a Fermat prime
. 64 is the sum of Euler's totient function
for the first fourteen integers. It is also a dodecagonal number
and a centered triangular number
Since it is possible to find sequences of 64 consecutive integers such that each inner member member shares a factor with either the first or the last member, 64 is an Erdős–Woods number.
In base 10, no integer added up to its own digits yields 64, hence it is a self number.
64 is a superperfect number - a number such that σ(σ(n))=2n.
In other fields
- In some computer programming languages, the size in bits of certain data types
- In chess or draughts, the total number of black (dark) and white (light) squares on the game board
- 64 is the name of the premier Russian chess magazine
- The code for international direct dial calls to New Zealand
- The designation of US Interstate 64, a freeway from Missouri to Virginia
- The designation of U.S. Route 64, a highway from Arizona to North Carolina
- The subject of the Beatles song "When I'm Sixty-Four"
- The registry of the U.S. Navy's aircraft carrier USS Constellation (CV-64)
- The number of Braille characters in the old 6-dot system
- In 8-bit home computers, a common shorthand for the Commodore 64
- In video games, the Nintendo 64 video game console and (historically) the Commodore 64. Since 1996, the number 64 has been an abbreviation or slang for Nintendo 64 (though N64 is more common)
- The maximum number of strokes in any Chinese character
- Number of hexagrams in the I Ching
- Number of sexual positions in the Kama Sutra
- Number of demons in the Dictionnaire Infernal
- Slang term referring to a 1964 Chevrolet Impala, often configured as a lowrider, a popular subject among early-90's gangsta rap and today very popular in Dirty South H-Town rap, eg. by rappers such as Paul Wall, Mike Jones, etc.
- The number of classical arts listed in many Indian scriptures. They include: singing, dancing, painting, poetry, playing cards, making arguments, making flower garlands, etc.
- The number of the French department Pyrénées-Atlantiques
- The amount of crayons in the popular Crayola 64 pack
, 64 B.C.