1994 in comics
- Avengers West Coast reaches its last issue at number 102.
- Captain America 425 is the debut of the 12-part storyline The Fighting Chance
- She-Hulk vol. 2 is cancelled with issue 60. The caption on the cover reads: “O.K., kids, we had a deal…now hand over those X-Men comics!”
- The Incredible Hulk issue 417 features Rick Jones’ infamous stag party in which Marvel heroes discover that Jones’ fiancée was an adult film star.
- Conan the Barbarian returns to comics with two titles: Conan the Adventurer and Conan Classic (reprinting the early stories from the 1970’s)
- The Incredible Hulk issue #418 is Rick & Marlo's Wedding issue with an appearance by DC Comics’ character Death. Written by Peter David art by Gary Frank & Cam Smith.
- Thor (Marvel Comics) reaches issue 475 and re-introduces Dr. Don Blake, Thor's first secret identity, and romantic interest Jane Foster. Thor also gets a new armor and costume.
- The Spider-Man clone saga begins
- DC Comics launches the Zero Month promotion.
Exhibitions and shows
- 1994 Chicago Comic Book Convention
First issues by title
- Release: Summer 1994 by Marvel Comics. Writer: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. Art by: Tom Tenney and inked by Rey Garcia. Summary: The West Coast Avengers are reborn as Force Works. Financed by Iron Man, the group welcomes a new member called Legacy.Generation X
- Release: Fall 1994 by Marvel Comics. Writer: Scott Lobdell. Art by: Chris Bachalo and inked by Mark Buckingham. Summary: Banshee and Emma Frost bring new, young mutants to Xavier's School for Higher Learning. Veteran but young X-Men member Jubilee is part of the group along with fresh faces: Gateway, M, Skin, Husk, Chamber, Synch, and Penance.