The year 1974 in architecture involved some significant events.
- National Assembly, Dhaka in Bangladesh, designed by Louis Kahn is completed.
- Horseferry Road Magistrates' Court in Westminster, London, designed by C. A. Legerton, is completed.
- Sears Tower in Chicago, Illinois, United States is opened.
- The Aon Center in Los Angeles, California, United States is completed and becomes the tallest building in Los Angeles.
- Renaissance Tower in Dallas, Texas, United States is completed.
- The W. R. Grace Building in New York, United States is completed.
- The Kamzik TV Tower in Bratislava, Slovakia is completed.
- Guy's Tower in London, United Kingdom is completed making it the tallest hospital in the world.
- The Hudson Bay Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is completed.