(one hundred [and] ten
) is the natural number
and preceding 111
It is also known as "eleventy", a term made famous by linguist and author J. R. R. Tolkien and derived from the Old English hund endleofantig.
110 is a sphenic number and a pronic number. Following the prime quadruplet (101, 103, 107, 109), at 110, the Mertens function reaches a low of −5.
110 is the sum of three consecutive squares, .
RSA-110 is one of the RSA numbers, large semiprimes that are part of the RSA Factoring Challenge
In base 10, the number 110 is a Harshad number and a self number.
Olympic track and field athletics run 110 meter hurdles.
The International 110, or the 110, is a one-design racing sailboat designed in 1939 by C. Raymond Hunt.
In other fields
110 is also:
- The year AD 110 or 110 BC
- 110 AH is a year in the Islamic calendar that corresponds to 728–729 CE
- A common name for mains electricity in North America, despite the nominal voltage actually being 120V (range 110–120). Normally spoken as "one-ten".
- The atomic number of darmstadtium.
- 1-1-0, the emergency telephone number used to reach police services in Iran, Japan, Germany, Estonia and China (Mainland China and Taiwan). Also used to reach the Fire and rescue services in Norway.
- The age a person must attain in order to be considered a supercentenarian.
- A card game related to Forty-five (card game).
- 110 film cartridge, a photographic film format invented by Kodak, which is easier to load than 35mm film. Pentax Auto 110 and Pentax Auto 110 Super, a single-lens reflex camera made by Asahi Pentax used Kodak 110 film cartridges
- A percentage in the expression "To give 110%", meaning to give a little more effort than one's maximum effort
- The number of stories (by common reckoning) of the Sears Tower in Chicago.
- The TCP port used for POP3 email protocol
- A 110 block is a type of punch block used to connect sets of wires in a structured cabling system.
- The Rule 110 cellular automaton, a significant cellular automaton.
- 110 (album) is the debut album from hardcore punk band Count Me Out
- The model number of the Messerschmitt Bf 110 twin engine fighter
- Sonnet 110 by William Shakespeare
- London Buses route 110 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, United Kingdom
- STS-110 was a Space Shuttle mission to the International Space Station (ISS) flown by Space Shuttle Atlantis launched April 8, 2002
- Cosmos 110 was a Soviet spacecraft launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome aboard a Soyuz rocket
- The meridian 110° west of Greenwich is a line of longitude extending from the North Pole across the Arctic Ocean, North America, the Pacific Ocean, the Southern Ocean, and Antarctica to the South Pole
- The 110th United States Congress meets from January 3, 2007 to January 3, 2009 during the last two years of the President George W. Bush administration
- Local 110 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- 110 in the Shade is a musical with a book by N. Richard Nash, lyrics by Tom Jones, and music by Harvey Schmidt
- Interstate 110 in California, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas
- Manitoba Highway 110 is a highway in the Canadian city of Brandon, Manitoba
- N-110 highway in Spain from Plasencia to the Duero Valley via Avilla and Segovia
- The 1972 film Across 110th Street starring Anthony Quinn
- The Honda XRM motorcycle with an 110cc engine
- The book 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America by Bernard Goldberg (2005) was updated in 2006 with 110 People Who Are Screwing Up America
- The abjad (ابجد) translation of word "علی" (Ali) in Arabic and Persian.