Camp Hayo-Went-Ha for Boys lies in Central Lake Township in Antrim County, Michigan along the northeastern shore of Torch Lake (Antrim County, Michigan), occupying on a cape called Hayo-Went-Ha point. Founded in 1904 by the State YMCA of Michigan, the camp has operated continuously as a summer camp for boys between 4th and 11th grades.
During the 1980s, attempts were made by the state YMCA to include girls in camping activities. In the early 1990s, a girls' camp was formed at nearby Bows Lake. This facility, however, proved to be insufficient for long term use. The state YMCA then acquired Camp Arbutus, a camp south of Traverse City, Michigan on Arbutus Lake, which became the new site of YMCA Camp Arbutus Hayo-Went-Ha for Girls.