featured in the television series Power Rangers: Wild Force
, the Wild Zords
, were fully-sentient creatures that had been in existence for thousands of years (similar to the Galactabeasts
of Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
). They show more personality and free will than any of the previous Zords and can communicate with the Rangers using telepathy
. The Wild Zords are also the very set of zords that can become arms for different Megazords this would repeated again in Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
with the Samurai Star Megazord becoming the right arm for the Storm Megazord, Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
with the Auxlary Dino Zords and in Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
with the DriveMax Zords. The toy versions of the wild zords and Megazords can also be combined with the toy versions of the Robos/Megazords from Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger
, Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger
/Power Rangers: Ninja Storm
, Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger
/Power Rangers: Dino Thunder
, Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
/Power Rangers: S.P.D.
the MagiGaruda/Mystic Garuda
from Mahou Sentai Magiranger
/Power Rangers: Mystic Force
be can used as an arm, GoGo Sentai Boukenger
and the battlefleet megazord from Power Rangers: Operation Overdrive
to make new arm combos but not the toy versions of the DriveMax Megazord and both versions of the DualDrive Megazord due to the toys being 30% larger than their sentai counterpart making the ports on the toy too big to fit toy mechas/zords from Gaoranger/Wild Force through Operation Overdrive's Battlefleet Megazord in Power Rangers and Boukenger in Super Sentai. However this isn't the first time that a Super Sentai
or Power Rangers
series has had Robos/Megazords with interchangeable parts the first time that happened was in Gekisou Sentai Carranger
/Power Rangers Turbo
There were a great many separate Wild Zords (100 in the Sentai equivalent, Gaoranger, though the total number in Power Rangers: Wild Force was never made clear,but later confirmed the same number as the original Japanese version), and they could come together to form several different types of Megazords.
Each Wild Zord was controlled with an Animal Crystal. When a Ranger loses his or her Animal Crystal, they also lose control of their Wild Zord. Also when a Wild Zord is destroyed, its crystal is too.
Wild Zord List
The primary set of Wild Zords were as follows:
The other Wild Zords that were used by the Rangers are:
- The Elephant Zord, used by Alyssa Enrilé
- The Giraffe Zord, used by Max Cooper
- The Black Bear Zord, used by Taylor Earhardt (the Black Bear zord is the brother of the Polar Bear zord)
- The Polar Bear Zord, used by Taylor Earhardt (the Polar Bear zord is the brother of the Black Bear zord)
- The Gorilla Zord, used by Cole Evans
- The Hammerhead Shark Zord, used by Merrick Baliton
- The Alligator Zord, the biggest wild zord so far, used by Merrick Baliton
- The Armadillo Zord, used by Danny Delgado
- The Rhino Zord, used by Danny Delgado
- The Deer Zord, used by Alyssa Enrilé
- The Falcon Zord, used by Cole Evans
- The Black Lion Zord, a piece of Animus
- The Condor Zord, a piece of Animus
- The Sawshark Zord, a piece of Animus
- The Buffalo Zord, a piece of Animus
- The Jaguar Zord, a piece of Animus
- The Soul Bird,
Out of all the other Wild Zords that fell in the battle against the Orgs, the only ones identified in the other Wild Zords' appearance in the last episode are:
Wild Force Megazord
As with all other incarnations of Power Rangers
, the Wild Zords could join together to form a humanoid creature/robot called a Megazord
. The standard formation in this series was the Wild Force Megazord
. The Lion formed the body, the Eagle formed the head, with the Shark forming the right arm, the Tiger forming the left arm, and the Bison forming the legs of the Megazord. The standard finishing move was the Mega Roar
, where each animal involved would fire a beam that destroyed the enemy. A similar finishing move, the Soul Cannon
, is used when the Wild Force Megazord is joined with the Soul Bird where the Soul Bird fires a blast of energy and adds it to the Mega Roar from the other animals. This attack is only used a few times as mostly following this the Wild Force Megazord (when it is used) uses Final Strike where the Megazord would kick the Armadilo Zord at an enemy causing them to be destroyed. This is a very effective attack destroying first the at the time unbeatable Predazord and later used by other Megazords as a final move and was effective enough to weaken the seemingly invincible Zen-Aku enough to be defeated.
Wild Force Megazord Modes
Because Wild Zords had interchangeable parts, several alternate variations were formed:
Sword and Shield
- Wild Force Megazord Sword & Shield Mode: the Elephant Zord is combined with the Megazord, forming a sword (from the Elephant's trunk) and a shield (the head). Its attacks were the Elephant Sword Cyclone and Pachyderm Crusher.spilit into two
- Wild Force Megazord Spear Mode: the Shark Zord is replaced by the Giraffe Zord. It uses the attack Spear of Pardolis.
- Wild Force Megazord Double Knuckle: the Shark and White Tiger Zords are replaced by the Black Bear and Polar Bear Zords. It uses the attack Bear Blaster. Use of this mode damaged the Red Lion Zord, as the attack was too powerful for it to handle.
- Wild Force Megazord Striker: the Bison Zord is replaced by the Rhino & Armadillo Zords. Final Strike is its finishing move. Became the mode used most often after destroying the Predazord.
- Wild Force Megazord Predator Mode: the Shark and White Tiger Zords are replaced by the Hammerhead Shark and Wolf Zords and uses the Armadilo zord. "Tornado Spin" is the finishing move.
- Wild Force Megazord Predator Spear: the Shark and White Tiger Zords are replaced by the Giraffe and Wolf Zords.
- Wild Force Megazord Clutcher Mode: the White Tiger Zord is replaced with the Deer Zord. Its attacks are the Deer Clutcher and Capture Bubble.
Spear and Shield
- Wild Force Megazord Spear & Shield Mode: the Shark Zord is replaced by the Giraffe Zord, while the Elephant Zord's head is attached to the White Tiger Zord.
- note: it was used by the Lion Tamer Org.
Spear and Knuckle
- Wild Force Megazord Spear and Knuckle: the Shark Zord is replaced by the Giraffe Zord, while the White Tiger Zord is replaced by the Black Bear Zord.
- Note: It was also used by Lion Tamer Org.
Other variations may have also been possible, but these were the only ones shown in the series.
is a secondary Megazord, formed by the Gorilla,
Black Bear, Polar Bear, Eagle, and Bison Zords, with the Gorilla forming the head and body. As such, it is implicitly "Double Knuckle Mode". Like the other Megazords, Wild Zords can be interchanged for one another, resulting in the following combinations:
- Kongazord Striker: the Eagle and Bison Zords are replaced by the Rhino and Armadillo Zords. Final Strike is its final move.
- Kongazord Striker Clutcher: the Black Bear Zord is replaced with the Deer Zord, while the Eagle and Bison Zords are replaced by the Rhino and Armadillo Zords.
- Kongazord Striker Spear: the Polar Bear Zord is replaced with the Giraffe Zord, while the Eagle and Bison Zords are replaced by the Rhino and Armadillo Zords.
After the Rhino and Armadillo Zords were discovered, the Kongazord often used these in place of the Bison and Eagle. This would allow the rangers to form both the Kongazord and the Wild Force Megazord simultaneously.
Since the Kongazord has had more appearances with the Rhino attached than the Bison, many fans have speculated that the Rhino and Armadillo form the proper version of the Kongazord while the Bison and Eagle are in fact the alternative Zords.
is the main Megazord of Zen-Aku
and Merrick Baliton
. When mask containing Zen-Aku's spirit was destroyed, Merrick gained control. Predazord was formed from the Alligator, Hammerhead Shark, and Wolf Zords. The Alligator forms the head, body, and feet with the other two zords forming detachable arms. As the Lunar Wolf Ranger changes allegiances from evil to good in the series, there are separate "Dark" and "Light" modes to this zord. In Dark Mode, it can use the Predator Wave
finishing move and has a closed wolf helmet with a horn on the top, similar to a Duke Org's horn, while the Light Mode Predazord uses the Revolver Phantom
, a "Light" version of the Predator Wave, and a powered-up Predator Wave, called the Blue Moon Wave
as its finisher while it was powered-up as the Predazord Blue Moon
and they have an open wolf's mouth face, similar to the Wild Force Megazord's open Lion's mouth face. Both Dark and Light modes have the ability to replace its arms with other wild zords, although this has been only done in the series while in Dark Mode:
- Predazord Spear Mode: The Giraffe Zord replaces the Hammerhead Shark Zord as an arm.
- Predazord Double Knuckle: The Wolf and Hammerhead Shark Zords are replaced by the Black and Polar Bear Zords.
- Predazord Blue Moon: Created when the Predazord faced the Toy Org and the other Wild Zords weren't there to help. The other Rangers used their souls to send the Predazord more power creating Predazord Blue Moon. Basically it's a blue version of the Predazord and has the Blue Moon Wave as its finishing attack. Appeared only once and after Animus weakened the Toy Org with a slice of his sword, Predazord Blue Moon finished him off with the Blue Moon Wave.
is a god-like
zord similar to the Wild Force Megazord that aids the Rangers. Animus was an ancient creature of good that had been killed long ago by the original Master Org
. The reincarnation of Animus, which later became this sentient Megazord, spent much time in this series as a small boy who named himself Kite
after he looked at a kite. Animus
is the ancestor of the Wild Force Megazord
The Black Lion, Condor, Sawshark, Buffalo, and Jaguar Wild Zords combine to form Animus in his Megazord form. Animus was twice destroyed by Master Org, once during the Battle of Animaria 3,000 years ago, and again in modern times in Turtle Cove. He returned to destroy Flute Org's Flute allowing the Rangers to call the Wild Force Megazord to destroy him with the Soul Cannon. Animus is never seen morphing together with any other Wild Zords, though he presumably is capable of doing so due to inherent interchangeability of the Wild Zords. He wields a large bow and can use the Animarian Arrow attack. Also in the Soul of Humanity he returned after taking the Wild Zords away to fight alongside the Predazord saying that he'd always wished to fight alongside Merick but had never gotten the chance to. In this battle he used a sword to strike and weaken an enemy allowing the Predazord to finish it off with the Blue Moon Wave. Considering the fact that all of the Wildzords were resurrected in the finale including the Rangers destroyed ones it is possible (and likely) that he was also resurrected once more.
Animus is the first Zord who is fully intelligent and able to speak.
Animus was voiced by Charles Gideon Davis, and Kite was played by Ryan Goldstein.
The Isis Megazord
is another Megazord that can be formed through a combination of the Wild Zords. Unlike the others, the Isis Megazord is capable of flight, thanks to the Falcon Zord forming the head and body, the Giraffe Zord and the Deer Zord forms the arms, and the Rhino and Armadillo Zords form the legs. By default, it is also "Spear Striker Clutcher".
Isis Megazord Modes
Again, due to the interchangeable parts, the Isis Megazord is able to change into the following combinations (among others):
- Isis Megazord Predator Mode: the Bison Zord replaces the Rhino & Armadillo Zord, and the Wolf and Hammerhead Shark Zords replace the Giraffe and Deer Zords. Also has the Gator Staff from the Predazord.
In all the episodes of the series, the Isis Megazord is the only megazord besides the Pegasus Megazord to never be defeated in battle. All the Zords that form it are desert based.
Like the Wild Force Megazord, the standard zords for the Isis Megazord had weapons based on them, used by the rangers. The Wild Force Megazord weapons created the Jungle Sword, while the Isis Megazord weapons formed the Jungle Blaster. The Rangers never had to interchange Zords for this Megazord until "Fishing For A Friend" where all the Zords but the Falcon, Bison, Wolf and Hammerhead Shark Zords were incapacitated. The Rangers formed Predator Mode in an attempt to make a Megazord out of the remanining Zords and succeeded.
The Pegasus Megazord
is another Megazord that can be formed through a combination of the Wild Zords, and the first ever centaur
-like Megazord formation. This Megazord is also capable of flight due to the Falcon Zord being a component. However, its main component is the Red Lion forming the legs. The Pegasus Megazord was only achieved through CGI animation. It comprised the Falcon, the Shark, the White Tiger, the Elephant, and a giant Red Lion. This is only formed once on the series to fight Onikage but the Rangers recognized it when it arrived so it must have been used before offscreen. In this instance the Wild Zords formed the Megazord and came and fought on their own due to Princess Shayla's tears hitting her necklace causing them to be summoned. As the Pegasus Megazord they destroyed the Org Spirits by striking each with the Elephant Sword and then destroyed Onikage by freezing him with Isis Stare and finishing him off with Dance of the Beast King.
Finishing moves for these Megazords depended on the arms and legs attached:
- Mega Roar: performed by Lion, Shark, Bison, Eagle and Tiger Wild Zords firing a synchronized energy wave. Can also be performed by Wild Force Megazord, the Wild Zords fire a beam of energy.
- Ultra Roar: performed by all the Wild Zords together, an extended version of Animal Wave.
- Pachyderm Crusher: performed by any Sword and Shield Mode Megazord, where the sword would act as a whip and slash the enemy.
- Soul Cannon: performed by Wild Force Megazord with Soul Bird, fires a beam of energy with more power.
- Surging Arrow: the Shark Zord's fin acts as a sword and slashes the Org.
- Final Strike: performed by any Striker Mode Megazord, where the Rhino would kick the Armadillo as if it were a soccer ball. The Armadillo is typically spot-kicked from the ground for most Megazords, however the Isis Megazord's Final Strike is performed like a bicycle kick.
- Tornado Spin: performed by the Wild Force Megazord Predator Mode, where the Armadillo would be thrown like a bowling ball. This was only seen once in the episode "The Tornado Spin", when the Rangers used a Zord sized version of the bowling technique Max, the Blue Ranger, had learned. Both times it defeated Bowling Org.
- Pool Breaker: the Predazord fires the Armadillo zord with the Gator Staff and the Armadillo spins for 10 seconds and goes to the orgs face.
- Predator Wave: performed by Predazord, the Alligator breathes a beam of energy similar to Mega Roar.
- Blue Moon Wave: performed by Predazord Blue Moon, aesthetically a blue version of Predator Wave.
- Revolver Phantom: Performed by Predazord, the alligator tail spins like a drill and hits the chest.
- Isis Stare: performed by the Isis Megazord. Using the eyes on the Falcon's wing, this attack paralyzed the opponent for a short time.
- Wings of Animaria: performed by the Isis Megazord Predator Mode, where the Gator Staff and the Wolf Zord's tail merged into an energy spear. This was only seen once in "Fishing for a Friend" when the Rangers used this to destroy Locomotive Org.
- Spear of Pardolis: performed by any Spear Mode Megazord, it involved the Giraffe extending its neck as a spear.
- Bear Blaster: performed by any Double Knuckle Megazord, the Polar Bear and Black Bear would each fire a beam of energy, which combined created a mighty blast.
- Bear Striker: performed by Kongazord, the Bears strike the Org in fire and ice punches. This was mistakenly called Double Knuckle once which is wrong as that is simply the Megazord Mode.
- Antler Crush: performed in any Clutcher Mode Megazord, the Deer antlers grab the Org and spins him.
- Bubble Capture: performed in any Clutcher Mode Megazord, the Deer antlers makes a Bubble thing and the org is trapped and explodes but finally the org dies.
- Animarian Arrow: performed by Animus, he uses the saw shark blade and the condor tail/megazord horns fires an energy arrow.
- Dance of the Beast King: performed by Pegasus Megazord, the elephant sword powers up and slashes the org 3 times.