"The Wait Out"
is the 133rd episode of the NBC
. This was the 23rd episode for the seventh season. It aired in the U.S. on May 9, 1996.
makes an off-hand joking remark to a married couple with a rocky relationship, leading to their breakup; Elaine
make plans to move in on the separated couple, but George, unexpectedly troubled by the results of his comment, tries to get them back together. The man (Elwes) from the couple makes the same remark to George and Susan, and Susan acts in somewhat the same way the couple did when George made the remark. Eventually, the couple gets back together again.
Elaine starts driving again and almost makes Jerry sick while a passenger. Kramer starts wearing Lee Dungaree jeans that are so tight that he cannot get them off. Another resident asks Kramer to babysit their kid, but the child mistakes Kramer's strange walking due to the jeans as that of Frankenstein's Monster. Kramer runs after the kid, but is arrested by a cop who thinks Kramer is trying to kidnap the kid.
- Michael Richards hurt his back during the scene in which Jerry attempts to pull Kramer's jeans off. However, he was still able to finish filming for the episode.
- Debra Messing and Danny Wouldburn would reprise this role in "The Yada Yada."
- Elaine mentions having driven in the episode "The Busboy."
- Jerry: That 'there for you' crap was a stroke of genius!
- (Woman screams in the hallway; Jerry turns to George on the couch)
- Jerry: It's got to have something to do with Kramer.