is the forward element of an advancing military tactical formation
may also refer to:
- Vanguard School, a private boarding high school in Lake Wales, Florida, U.S.
- The Vanguard School, a public high school in Colorado Springs, Colorado, U.S.
- Vanguard High School, a public school in Ocala, Florida, U.S.
- Vanguard College, a Christian college in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Vanguard University of Southern California, a Christian liberal arts university in Costa Mesa, California, U.S.
- Vanguard College Preparatory School, a private high school in Waco, Texas, U.S.
- Vanguard Press, a publishing label now owned by Random House
- Daily Vanguard, the student newspaper at Portland State University
- Vanguard Journal, published by the anarchist Vanguard Group (see Politics)
- The Vanguard (1922-28), a publication of the émigré Communist Party of India, founded and edited by M. N. Roy
- The Vanguard (January-March 1853), a short-lived socialist paper published by George Julian Harney
- The Viking Vanguard, student newspaper at Puyallup High School in Puyallup, Washington
- Star Trek: Vanguard, a series of novels about a space station called Vanguard
- Vanguard, student newspaper of the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama
- The Vanguard, student weekly of Bentley College, Waltham, Massachusetts
- Workers Vanguard, a newspaper published by the U.S. wing of International Communist League (Fourth Internationalist)
- Vanguard, official press organ of Hardline (subculture), a radical deep ecology movement
Comics and anime
Games and toys
- Vanguard (arcade game), a 1981 shooter game with 1984 sequel, Vanguard II
- Vanguard Bandits, a 2000 Japanese tactical role-playing game for PlayStation
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, a 2007 MMORPG created by Sigil Games Online and Sony Online Entertainment
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard, a first person shooter game created by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 2 and Wii
- Vanguard, an organization in the computer game The Longest Journey
- Vanguard, the droid partner of the Transformers toy, Sideswipe
- Vanguard, a variant of Magic: The Gathering which uses character cards to alter the rules of play
- Vanguard, a tank in Tanarus, a free online game made by Sony in 1997
- Vanguard, a character class in the Mass Effect video game
- Vanguard, a UN-funded military organisation in the City of Heroes universe
- Standard Vanguard, a car produced by the British Standard Motor Company from 1947 to 1963
- Vanguard (microkernel), developed at Apple Computer
- Vanguard (racehorse), 1843 Grand National winner
- Vanguard 15, one-design racing dinghy made by Vanguard Sailboats
- Vanguard Award, presented annually at the GLAAD Media Awards
- Vanguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Toyota Vanguard, a Japanese compact crossover sport utility vehicle
- Santa Clara Vanguard Drum and Bugle Corps, based in Santa Clara, California
- U.P. Vanguard Fraternity, a college fraternity of the University of the Philippines