The Xenon Codex is a 1988 studio album by Hawkwind. It reached #79 on the UK album charts.
- "The War I Survived" (Brock/Davey/Neville-Neil) - 5:25
- "Wastelands of Sleep" (Tait/Brock) - 4:18
- "Neon Skyline" (Davey) - 2:18
- "Lost Chronicles" (Bainbridge) - 5:21
- "Tides" (Lloyd-Langton) - 2:54
- "Heads" (Brock/Neville-Neil) - 5:04
- "Mutation Zone" (Bainbridge/Brock) - 3:56
- "E.M.C." (Bainbridge) - 4:55
- "Sword of the East" (Davey) - 5:25
- "Good Evening" (Hawkwind) - 4:35
- Recorded at Loco Studios, Caerleon & Rockfield Studios, Monmouth, February & March 1988. Produced with Guy Bidmead.
- The cover was hand drawn by Artist and Illustrator Bob Walker in his small bedsit on Hesketh Avanue in Didsbury, Manchester. Bob also produced a graphic novel Hawkwind adventure comic book and various illustrations for the band that were published in 'HAWKFRENZ' underground publications throughout the late 1980s and early 1990s. These were available from a white lab coated gentlemen at Hawkwind gigs or by mail order along with other titles supporting the Legalsie Cannabis Campaign. Bob used to spend many hours in his understair cupboard which was decorated like the interior of a space capsule with aluminium foil and cut out images from magazines on the walls and ceiling... He also produced work for the 'Psychic Surgeons' and other underground Manchester bands in the late 1980s.
- Roger Neville-Neil was a Hawkwind fan that occasionally wrote lyrics for Dave Brock.
- Neon Skyline and Lost Chronicles are banded as separate tracks but in fact the latter is the middle section of the former.
- Apr-1988: Great Western Records, GWLP 26, vinyl and CD - initial vinyl copies came in a fold out cover.
- 1989: Enigma/GWR, 7 75407-1, USA CD and vinyl
- Feb-1992: Castle Communications, CLACD 281, UK CD
- Jul-1999: Essential Records, ESMCD 737, UK CD digipak