"Un-American Graffiti" is episode 16 of season 3 of the television show Veronica Mars.
Veronica is hired by a Middle Eastern restaurant owner to find out who has been vandalizing his family's business with the word "terrorist
". While investigating the case, Veronica and the restaurant owners are attacked in a drive-by shooting with paint guns.
When a drunk teenager stumbles from a bar and gets hit by a car, Keith orders his deputies to conduct surprise ID checks in all the area bars. While doing his own surprise search, Keith catches Piz and Wallace using fake IDs provided by Veronica.
Logan throws a birthday party for Parker. At the party, Veronica's love life takes a surprising turn when she first tells Piz she just wants to be friends, and then kisses him.
- Keith Mars asserts his authority as the new sheriff, by firing some of his dissident deputies.
- Piz kisses Veronica. Piz walks out of the party and Veronica follows him. They kiss again by the elevator, which opens to reveal Logan.
Quotes and trivia
- The title comes from a play on words from the George Lucas film American Graffiti.
- Veronica quotes from Pulp Fiction when aiming the paintball gun at the vandals . "Say 'what' again, I dare you. I double dare you" and "Check out the big brains on Brad!"
- She also addresses one of the kids as Towelie, a character from South Park who smokes large amounts of marijuana.
- Piz misses a Yo La Tengo concert to go to Parker's party.
- "The dude abides", the quote on Dick's Myspace page, is taken from The Big Lebowski.
- This episode scored 2.4 million viewers.
- Television Without Pity gave this episode a C+ which is the worst grade the show has ever received on the site.
- Piz describes the film The Room to Wallace while walking down the hall in their dorm, saying "It's like the new Rocky Horror. Now at one point, people throw plastic spoons at the screen...You have to check it out. It'll...it'll change your life."