is the last and final item in a series. The related words penultimate
refer to the second-to-last and the third-to-last item in a series, respectively.
Ultimate may refer to:
- Ultimate (sport), a team disc sport.
- Ultimate Marvel, an imprint of comic books which reimagines and updates various characters.
- The Ultimate, the trancendental reality of which the "relative" world is but a reflection of in some systems of metaphysics and religions.
- Ultimate (Boney M. album), the title of Boney M's 1999 compilation album.
- Ultimate (Prince album), the title of Prince's 2006 compilation album.
- Ultimate (Bobby Vinton album), the title of Bobby Vinton's 1995 compilation album.
- Ultimate Play The Game, the former name used by Rare, a video game developer.
- The ultimate cause of an event; this is in contrast to the proximate causation of an event, the naive later steps flowing from the root cause.
- In biology, the evolutionary causes for a biological phenomenon, as opposed to the proximate (biology) causes.
- The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny, a song by Lemon Demon.
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Penult and antepenult, the second to last and third to last syllable of a word in linguistics.