means to touch lightly or play with. In computing
, it refers to:
- Making small or insignificant changes to source code, often without much understanding
- Bit twiddling, or bit manipulation, algorithmically manipulating bits
- The ASCII tilde (~) character
- Complex roots of unity used as coefficients in the Fast Fourier Transform algorithm are known as twiddle factors
- Twiddling thumbs is when one clasps ones hands together and rotates each thumb over the other in a continous motioon, usually done in a waiting situation to prevent boredom
- Twiddle, a Vermont band.