is a formal, lengthy, systematic discourse
on some subject.
- Treatises have been written by various philosophers:
- Other well-known treatises include:
- Recent treatises in the natural sciences include:
- Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology, Volumes A through W, edited by Raymond C. Moore, Roger L. Kaesler, and others (1953 to 2006, and continuing). Lawrence, Kansas: University of KansasPress; and Boulder, Colorado: Geological Society of America. -- Two recent volumes are, for example, ISBN 0813731356 (Brachiopoda, Revised, Volume 5, published 2006) and ISBN 0813731313 (Porifera, Revised, Volume 3, published 2004).
- Treatise on Marine Ecology and Paleoecology, Volume 1: Ecology and Volume 2: Paleoecology edited respectively by Joel W. Hedgpeth and Harry S. Ladd (1957/1971). Washington, D.C. : WaverlyPress; and Boulder, Colorado: Geological Society of America.
- Recent economics treatises have also been written:
- Treatises on architecture:
- EU Energy and transportation: