is someone trained to look for something. The term has the following special meanings.
- Weather spotter, an individual who observes the weather to inform other groups.
- Storm spotter, a weather spotter who observes specific weather events.
- In the military, a spotter is a member of a sniper team.
- In weight training, a spotter will assist someone lifting a weight for safety; see spotting (weight training).
- In bouldering a spotter is a person who takes care that a falling boulderer lands savely on his/her feet to prevent injuries.
- Transportation enthusiasts who enjoy watching various transport-related activities:
- A British term for a police or military intelligence informant.