Shoulders is drinking game that involves players competing in a fast paced game attempting to "count" to 21.
Players form a circle. Preferably around a table
- The game begins with a player slapping his left/right shoulder, this starts the count at 1.
- Depending on which shoulder is hit, the player to that immediate side of the slapper then slaps their right/left shoulder and calls out "2"
- The Count continues until the group reaches 21.
Special Slaps occur at a predetermined number to increase difficulty and creativity to the game.
- Common numbers for special slaps are:
- 7,11,17 & 21
- They usually occur in pairs (7&17)(11&21)
- Common S.S's are:
- Point(7)/Double point(17)= A player points to the person to go next while calling out the correct number
- The pointer CAN pick players NOT to their immediate left/right.
- High Cross(11)/Low Cross(21)= A player overlaps their arms (think like a genie but with space between)and depending on whether it is a high/low cross that predetermined hand indicates which player (to his left/right) continues.
- The current slapper can only go to his immediate left/right w/ the high/low cross
- If the game is set to end with a special slap, the player counting off 21 must act out the special slap even though there is no 22.
The count resets and a player must drink when:
- He/she slaps out of turn
- Counts off the incorrect number
- Fails to recognize it is their turn
- Fails to execute the Special Slaps
Getting to 21
If/When you get to 21, the group celebrates with a waterfall.