Wish Gone Amiss Weekend was a special event weekend that aired on the Disney Channel from July 13, 2007 through July 15, 2007. The event was presented in the same way as That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana was in that three Disney Channel Original Series, Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and Cory in the House were connected with some kind of theme. However, unlike That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana, there were no crossovers between the three shows. However, Cory, Newt, Miley, Lilly, Jackson, Zack, Cody, and Mr. Moseby all wished on the same shooting star according to the Disney Channel commercials for Wish Gone Amiss Weekend.
The DVD of the special, entitled "Wish Gone Amiss", was released on region 1 DVD on November 27
. The only bonus feature is "I Wish I May, I Wish I Might: A Guide to Making Wishes" hosted by Jason Earles
of Hannah Montana
Wish Gone Amiss Weekend
first aired on the Disney Channel
on July 13
, and was advertised as a Friday the 13th
special. On Friday, the Cory in the House
episode, Gone Wishin
, aired at 08:00 PM EDT, followed by the Hannah Montana
episode, When You Wish You Were the Star
at 08:30 PM EDT, and The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
episode, Super Twins
, aired last at 09:00 PM EDT. This was followed by three reruns of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody episodes
. On Saturday, July 14
, the special was broadcast for an encore, with Super Twins
airing at 08:00 PM EDT, Gone Wishin
at 08:30 PM EDT, When You Wish You Were the Star
at 09:00 PM EDT, and three Hannah Montana episodes
airing after. Sunday presented another encore, with the episodes airing, at the same times, first with When You Wish You Were the Star
, then Super Twins
, followed by Gone Wishin
and three episodes of Cory in the House
. As the episodes do not need to be broadcast in any order to make sense (see below), the episodes air normally in reruns (unlike the episodes that make up That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana
, although Checkin Out
reran alone on June 21, 2008 and That's So Suite Life of Hannah Montana
reran alone on September 26, 2008).
The Wish Gone Amiss Block has aired on the 25th April 2008 on Disney Channel Australia.
From Cory in the House
From The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
From Hannah Montana
The three episodes that make up Wish Gone Amiss Weekend
all focus on the main characters of each show wishing upon, presumably, the same shooting star. They enjoy the results of their wishes at first, but soon see the downsides.
As a result they each find a way to undo their wishes and everything returns to the moment before the wish occurs. They are the only ones as a result who remember what happened recently. Their friends and some family members (like Meena, Cody, Lilly, etc.) don't remember the incidents at all.
What the main characters learn is that while "the grass may appear to be greener on the other side of the fence", theirs would be "just as green" if they took care of it more.
Cory in the House
- Gone Wishin'
gets grounded for selling merchandise (White House Water) in the White House
when he was supposed to help bring up the sweet potato pies for the post-staff meeting, he sees a shooting star and wishes that he was President
. His wish immediately comes true. Ever since children got the right to vote, he won the presidential election by a landslide. Samantha Samuels
is now his
assistant and Sophie
is his Vice President
also assist Cory in running the country, Newt being a high ranking Cabinet member and Meena a senior General. His father, Victor
is now an avid fisherman and former president Richard Martinez
is now a tour guide. Cory has also turned the Oval Office (which is equipped with a mysterious red button) into a teenager's paradise and replaced the Secret Service
Cory seems to think that being the President of the United States means not having to answer to anyone for whatever decisions he makes and thus he can do what he wants and whenever he wants. He thinks the job is all fun and games and passes the serious duties to his vice president, Sophie.
But Cory's run as president takes a turn for the worse when everybody, except Sophie, turns into magnetic robotic aliens. Sophie admits to having control over these aliens because she wanted revenge for Cory giving his serious work to her and not taking his job seriously.
While she orders the aliens to close in on him, Cory uses the red button to reverse everything back to the way it was before he made that wish. Cory is ecstatic that he can finally play what he thought was a childish game, Dippy Dippy Dolphins. Though he is still grounded, Sophie tells Cory that she will try to pull some strings.
- Dippy Dippy Dolphins is a parody of Bouncy Bouncy Bunnies, the fictional game in That's So Raven, which itself is a parody of Hungry Hungry Hippos.
- The alien robots are similar to the Borg of Star Trek. The robots listen to one voice acting on command and alter other beings, like the Borg assimilate other beings into their Collective.
- Cory's wish came true instantly, but everyone else's didn't come true until the next day.
The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
- Super Twins
When Zack and Cody see a shooting star, they wish they had super powers. The next morning, their wish comes true. Cody gains telepathy/mind reading and telekinesis, and Zack gains super-speed. They later find out that Mr. Moseby has gained superpowers as well, becoming the "Meanager", and he is planning to use his powers to turn all the children into miniature adults. Using his powers, he forces Esteban
to become his evil henchmen. Meanwhile, Zack and Cody become Quick Guy and Brain Man, in order to stop "Meanager". To distract the twins from ruining his plan, "Meanager" freezes Cody and has his henchman kidnap Carey
and hold them captive, while he uses London's
diamonds to power his machine. When Quick Guy and Brain Man foil "Meanager's" scheme and end up turning him into a baby, they find out about the tasks they have to deal with and are not pleased with it. Cody then comes up with an idea: If Zack (carrying Cody on his back) was to run around Earth at supersonic speed
to reverse the earth's rotation, it would take them back to the exact moment they saw the shooting star. Instead, it ends up taking them way back to the prehistoric times
. Zack wakes up frightened by the whole experience, while Cody doesn't remember anything Zack described, as Zack only dreampt it.
Cody as Brain Man reads several minds when he first finds out about his powers.
- Lady in the lobby - "Why is that boy staring at me?"
- Arwin - "In order to make quantized oscillations consistent with quantum mechanics, the number of space-time dimensions must be restricted." (gasps) " If I had a monkey, I'd name him Bill."
- London - (while walking) "Left, Right, Blink, Breathe." (Sees a lit lamp) "Oooh, twinkly light bulb!" (Stops breathing) "Breathe!" (starts skipping) "Skip, skip, skip, skip."
- Mr. Moseby - "Rotten kids, why can't they just grow up already?"
The Meanager has several powers depending on the color they do different things.
- Red - Heat Vision
- Purple - Tickle
- Green - Adultify
- Yellow - Mind Control
- Blue - Freeze Ray
- London names her favorite diamonds, such as Tina and Cheryl.
- It is revealed that Arwin keeps a ukulele in his office.
- Moseby gives Esteban the embarrassing Minion Name of 'Bellboy'. Esteban, not wanting the name, sticks to 'EsteMan'! However, Arwin is attached to his nickname, 'Engineer'.
- At the end of the show, Bob was turned into an adult earlier, but was never saved. Zack said, "We just saved all the children of the world." Then he continues, saying, "Except for Bob".
- The Adultifier turns kids into adults. However, it causes the opposite effect on adults. (It turns the adults into babies.)
- London's Dad was held for her diamonds. It is unknown how he was saved.
- When You Wish You Were the Star
When Miley Stewart
grows tired of her normal life always interfering with her pop star life-when Miley wasn`t able to hang out with Jesse McCartney-, she wishes upon a star that Hannah Montana
was her only identity. When she wakes up the next morning, she finds that her life has changed for the better. An angel, who takes the form of Roxy
, guides Hannah through her new life. As she is homeschooled, she no longer needs to worry about completing her assignments, her home has been totally redecorated with celebrity-status furniture, and she is dating fellow pop star Jesse McCartney
But Hannah begins to see the downside of her wish. Her father, Robby is married to a young gold digger who has no true feelings for him and Jackson moved out of the house and became a homeless hermit because his friends would use him to get to Hannah. Also, since Hannah never attended a public school, her close friend Oliver Oken is working with Rico to sell peeks into Hannah's windows and her best friend Lilly Truscott is now part of the "mean girl" clique, along with Amber and Ashley. Now realizing that her double life as Miley and Hannah is better than her single life as a pop star, Hannah finds out her wish was final. After a botched attempt at becoming Miley, she finds a loophole in her wish and returns to her normal life.
- The loophole that returned Hannah to a normal life was when she told Jackson that all was better when the world did not know she was Hannah. Jackson responded that he wished for that any day just as the shooting star came across the sky.
- In "Hannah's" bedroom, part of her costume from when she performed "I Got Nerve" in the episode, "We Are Family: Now Get Me Some Water!" is hanging on the door and Hannah Moosetana from "Bad Moose Rising" is also in her room.
- In the bedroom of Hannah the jewelry box sang the song "The Best Of Both Worlds," only they changed it to "The Best of One World."
- This is the 2nd time Jesse McCartney appears on Disney Channel, the first was on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
- At one point when Hannah is talking to Angel, in the background you can see her "Silver Booty" that she won in "Cuffs Will Keep Us Together".
- When Angel says "Peace out" at the end of the episode, she is dressed similarly to Flavor Flav.
- It is revealed that Lilly has a birthmark on her butt shaped like a giraffe.
- This episode appears to be a spoof of the James Stewart movie It's a Wonderful Life, with the angel pointing out just how bad everyone's lives are without Miley, and even saying "[Miley] you have yourself a wonderful life," referring to her normal life.
The 90 minute programming block made up of the three episodes averaged 5.1 million viewers, and surpassed the closest network by 11 percent.