Terry's was a chocolate and confectionery maker in York, England. Its history stretched back to 1767 but in 1993 it was taken over by Kraft Foods. The York factory closed in 2005.
The factory started in 1767
as Bayldon and Berry
confectionery, changing its name to the more famous Terry's in 1828
as Joseph Terry
became a partner in the business. After a hundred years, the factory was re-based to South Bank
area of York in 1926.
The name lives on in some of its products, now made by Kraft, which include: