, a teichoic-acid-transporting ATPase
is an enzyme
the chemical reaction
- ATP + H2O + teichoic acidin ADP + phosphate + teichoic acidout
The 3 substrates of this enzyme are ATP, H2O, and teichoic acid, whereas its 3 products are ADP, phosphate, and teichoic acid.
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on acid anhydrides acting on acid anhydrides to catalyse transmembrane movement of substances. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP phosphohydrolase (teichoic-acid-exporting). This enzyme participates in abc transporters - general.
- Fath MJ, Kolter R "ABC transporters: bacterial exporters". Microbiol. Rev. 57 995–1017.
- Lazarevic V, Karamata D "The tagGH operon of Bacillus subtilis 168 encodes a two-component ABC transporter involved in the metabolism of two wall teichoic acids". Mol. Microbiol. 16 345–55.
- Paulsen IT, Beness AM, Saier MH Jr "Computer-based analyses of the protein constituents of transport systems catalysing export of complex carbohydrates in bacteria". Microbiology. 143 2685–99.
- Griffiths JK and Sansom CE "The Transporter Factsbook, Academic Press, San Diego, 1998".
Gene Ontology (GO) codes