Tamara is a female given name of Arabic, Hebrew, Italian and Russian origin, meaning "palm tree" or "spice". The short form is Tam or Tammy, or more rarely Mara or Tara. Other forms of the name are Tamra and Tamar.
- Tamara (name)
- Tamara of Georgia, medieval Christian saint, queen of Georgia (1184 to 1213). Saint Tamara presided over the "Golden age" of the medieval Georgian monarchy.
- Shy'm, born Tamara Marthe, a French singer.
- Tamara Chalabi, daughter of Iraqi politician, Ahmad Chalabi.
- Tamara de Lempicka, a Polish soft-cubism painter.
- Tamara Dhia, Iraqi-born American actress and film producer
- Tamara Drasin, a Ukrainian-born singer-actress who introduced the song Smoke Gets in Your Eyes in the musical Roberta.
- Tamara Mello, actress.
- Tamara Mellon, president and founder of designer shoes, Jimmy Choo.
- Tamara Mkheidze, a Georgian arachnologist.
- Tamara Moskvina, a Russian pairs figure skating coach.
- Tamara Salman, Iraqi-born designer.
- Tamara Tunie, actress.
- Tamara Witmer Playboy's Playmate of the Month for August 2005.
- Tamara Barnett-Herrin, a UK singer-songwriter
Films and stage plays:
- waarom huil je, kleine Tamara - Dutch lyrics by Ko van Raayen
- Tamara is a punk - The Queers
- Kuda idu izgubljene djevojke (Tamara) - Boris Novkovic, Croatian singer
- Tamara - Korsakoff
- Tamara - Bajaga i Instruktori, Serbian band
- Tamara - Magazin, Croatian band