The three letter acronym STP
can have several meanings:
- Straight Through Processing is a banking term where a financial transaction is automatically completed without manual intervention.
- STP is a motor oil company.
- STP is the process for developing marketing strategy through segmenting the market, targeting a segment and then positioning the product or brand.
- STP is the New York Stock Exchange symbol for Suntech Power Holdings, a Chinese manufacturer of photovoltaic cells
- Situation Target Proposal, common term used in project management.
Sports and recreation
- 25 m Standard Pistol, a shooting sport
- Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic, an annual one and two day supported bicycle ride from Seattle, Washington to Portland, Oregon
- Street Trail Park "STP" a type of bicycle manufactured by Giant. It is a purpose built bicycle aimed at Stunts and Tricks such as Trials, Dirt Jumping and Street skills.
- STP is the street name (an acronym for "Serenity, Tranquility & Peace") for the hallucinogenic drug 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine which is referred to as "DOM" in scientific literature.
- STP is an acronym for "Strength, Toughness, and Pride". It is a conditioning drill performed by Harrison High School, who are known to have the most state championships in the state of Michigan.
Scientific and technical
- Standard Temperature and Pressure, a scientific term which represents a convention of designating standard conditions. Often, but not always, denoting a temperature of 0 °C and pressure of 101.3 kPa.
- Standard thermodynamic properties
- South Texas Project, a nuclear power station located southwest of Bay City, Texas.
- Spanning Tree Protocol is a network protocol providing a loop free topology for a LAN or bridged network.
- Shielded Twisted Pair is a type of cable.
- Signal Transfer Point is an SS7 packet switch.
- Sodium tripolyphosphate, a preservative.
- Space Test Program, a program conducted by the USAF Space Development and Test Wing at Kirtland Air Force Base.
- Shovel test pit, method for archaeological survey.
- Software Test Plan
- Soil Test Phosphorus
- Standard Test Procedure
- Steiner Tree Problem in graphs
- Strategic Technology Plan
- Sewage treatment plant
- Short-term potentiation
- Submerged Turret Production, a technology used to exploit offshore oil and gas fields.
- Skin Test Positivity, a study performed on an individual's skin to assess allergic response
- Sufficient To Prove, a mathematical term used in proofs
- Simple Theorem Prover, a constraint solving software