This company was organized in New Jersey
on May 27
, to develop, manufacture, and sell Thomas Edison
's alkaline storage battery. It produced batteries for mining lamps, train lighting and signaling, submarines, electric vehicles, and other uses. The company had its own research department and sales force, but it also sold batteries through separate sales companies, including the Edison Storage Battery Supply Company and Miller Reese Hutchison, Inc. In June 1932, the company merged with Thomas A. Edison, Inc.