- Distinguish from interpenetration.
The term interpretation
may refer to:
- Interpretation (model theory) — a formalisation of one structure's being interpreted in another by means of first-order formulae, like the standard interpretation of the field of rational numbers in the ring of integers.
- interpretive dance — seeks to interpret the meaning inherent in music rather than performing specific pre-formatted moves
- oral interpretation — a dramatic art, also commonly called "interpretive reading" and "dramatic reading"
In music interpretation refers to the process of a performer deciding how to perform music that has been previously composed and notated
- heritage interpretation — developing an understanding of heritage: history, environment, culture
- interpreter — a person who acts the role of a historical character in a living museum.
Forensics debate competition categories