The word squat
can refer to:
- A squat is a kind of sitting position.
- Squatting is a term for inhabiting an abandoned or unused building or plot of land without owning or holding a formal lease on it; a person squatting is known as a squatter, and the house or building occupied by squatters is known as a squat.
- Squatting (pastoral) is a term from Australian history, referring to the action of a person (the squatter) who occupied a large tract of Crown land in order to graze livestock.
- Squat (exercise), a lower-body exercise in strength and conditioning.
- Squatter (game), a popular Australian board game about managing such a sheep-station.
- Squatter's rights, referring to the legal term adverse possession.
- Cybersquatting refers to registering Internet domain names similar to popular trademarks with the intent to extort the trademark holder.
- A species of Flanimal from the books Flanimals and More Flanimals by Ricky Gervais.
- A squat toilet is a type of toilet where the user squats rather than sits on a seat.
- The alternate name of the titular character in Scott Adams' comic Plop: The Hairless Elbonian.
- The squat effect is a hydrodynamic phenomena.
- Squats (Warhammer 40,000) are a race in Games Workshop's fictional Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Squatting attack, in Computer Science, is a kind of attack involving shared synchronization objects.
- In slang, squat is a term which can mean "of little or no value", as in "this computer isn't worth squat."
- Squat also refers to the pitching motion of a car when under acceleration. i.e. rear end moves down, front end moves up.