The Team Sportscast Network, or TsN, was an online broadcast and media organization. TsN was originally named the "Tribes Shoutcast Network" and was founded in 1999 by the Starsiege: Tribes players and Tribalwar members Megaboris, Wonderdog, Beatstick, and Ratorasniki. TsN promoted the competitive gaming industry (or e-sports) via its live video and audio streams. By calling matches of online gaming leagues, or "'casting", TsN provided a unique service that makes competitive gaming seem more like professional sports in many different ways.
During the infancy of calling video game/e-sports matches, the most affordable and easiest way to broadcast via internet radio was using Nullsoft
streaming technology. Even today, SHOUTcast is the industry standard for online game match broadcasting. Due to this early use of the SHOUTcast moniker, those who would call matches via internet radio were called "shoutcasters", or more commonly, "casters". TsN led the industry in this field "shoutcasting" and become one of the leading e-sports media outlets. TsN also evolved into full video coverage (through windows media), one of the very few to move from shoutcasting into video.
Brief synopsis of the Team Sportscast Network
The Team Sportscast Network, L.L.C., was an online broadcast and media organization. Since its inception in 1999, TsN pioneered the use of online media to deliver programming specifically targeted at the multiplayer gaming community. Utilizing both audio and video, TsN led the market through technical innovation and unparalleled quality.
While maintaining its ultimate goal of assisting the advancement of competitive multiplayer gaming, the Team Sportscast Network has also expanded its horizons to appeal more to the main stream gaming community. Consisting of a keen and accomplished staff of the most talented on-air personalities, the Team Sportscast Network exceled in its presentation of action commentary and entertaining shows. TsN's content encompassed the entire industry, from comprehensive productions aimed at specific games and groups, to entertaining shows that appealed to the general public.
Events that were covered by TsN
Previous TsN Team
- Hunter Luisi - CEO, USA
- Dodd Perry - COO, USA
- Brian Kennedy - CIO, USA
- Matt Kraft - Management, USA
- Jay Atkins - Broadcast Talent/Video Engineer, UK
- Jeremiah Fulbright - Broadcast Talent/Management, USA
- Joe Miller - Broadcast Talent/Management, UK
- Alex Hackney - Broadcast Talent/Video Engineer, USA
- Andrew Horton - Broadcast Talent/Video Engineer, USA
- Bret Lutz - Broadcast Talent, USA
- Keith Haney - Video Engineer/Behind the Scenes, CAN
- Corey Dunn - Broadcast Talent, USA
- Marcus Graham - Broadcast Talent, USA
- Kyle Soloman - Broadcast Talent, CAN
- Adam Ruzzo - Broadcast Talent, USA
- Sean McCoy - Broadcast Talent, CAN
- Brad Dunajcik - Broadcast Talent, USA
- Joseph Seifert - Audio Imaging/Broadcast Talent , USA
- Matthew Ashton - Broadcast Talent, UK
- Benjamin Hodder - Broadcast Talent, UK
Companies that have spawned from ex-TsN members