is a polyamine
involved in cellular metabolism
that can be used to stimulate the enzyme, T7 RNA polymerase
, a type of RNA polymerase
- Inhibits neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS).
- Binds and precipitates DNA.
- May be used for purification of DNA binding proteins.
- Stimulates T4 polynucleotide kinase activity.
Some of the uses
- Can be used in electroporation while transfering the DNA into the cell under the electrical impulse.
Solutions should be sterile-filtered, not autoclaved, if sterile solution is necessary. Spermidine deaminates with time; solutions should be stored frozen. Prepare new solutions frequently.