Spang village in Germany north of Trier between Bitburg and Wittich. This village was first mentioned in 1254. It is on one side of the Spanger brook while on the other side is the village of Dahlem. These two villages eventually became a single municipality Spangdalhem as they are known today. The locals still refer themselves to being from Spang or Dalhem. After WWII the USAF located a currently operating fighter airbase in the area of Spangdalhem. Many of the Spang families in the USA, Germany and South America have traced their roots to this area.