The word size
may refer to how big something is. In particular:
- Dimensions: length, width, height, diameter, perimeter, area, volume
- Clothing sizes such as shoe size or dress size
- Body dimensions
- In statistics (hypothesis testing), the size of the test refers to the rate of false positives, denoted by α.
- In computing, filesize
- size (Unix), a command-line Unix tool.
- Magnitude or size of a mathematical object.
- Magnitude of brightness or intensity of a star or an earthquake as measured on a logarithmic scale.
- In mathematics there are, in addition to the dimensions mentioned above (equal if there is an isometry), various other concepts of size for sets:
Size can also refer to:
- Sizing, gelatinous or glutinous substances used as a glaze or filler for porous materials such as paper or cloth