Something So Right was a relatively short-lived American television situation comedy which ran on two different networks during its brief time on the air.
Something So Right starred Mel Harris as Carly Davis, a twice-divorced party planner who had married Jack Farrell Jere Burns, a divorced English teacher. They had three children, one from each of their former marriages. "So we're not The Waltons", said Carly.
This program premiered on NBC in the fall of 1996, but found a rather small audience there and was canceled the following spring, only to be picked up as a midseason replacement on ABC the next year, running until July.
List of Major Characters
- Carly Davis (Mel Harris) - Carly is a party planner who is currently married to Jack Farrell. She has two biological children from two previous husbands: her son Will Pacino from her first husband Dante and her daughter Sarah from her second husband Sheldon.
- Jack Farrell (Jere Burns) - Jack is a teacher and he is currently married to Carly. He has a daughter named Nicole from his ex-wife Stephanie. Jack also has two step children Will and Sarah.
- Will Pacino (Billy L. Sullivan) - Will is Carly's son from her first husband Dante. Will lives with his mother, his stepfather, his half sister, and his stepsister. Will started out having a crush on Nicole in the first few episodes but he later fell in love with her friend Cindy and dated a girl named Jenny in one episode.
- Nicole Farrell (Marne Patterson) - Nicole is Jack's daughter from his ex-wife Stephanie. She lives with her father, her stepmother, and her two stepsiblings.
- Sarah Kramer (Emily Ann Lloyd) - Sarah is Carly's daughter from her second husband Sheldon. She is very wise for her age. She lives with her mother,her stepfather, her half brother, and her stepsister.
- Gracie (Carol Ann Susi)- Gracie is Carly's assistant. She only appears in the first season.
- Dante Pacino (Michael Milhoan) - Dante is Carly's first husband and Will's father. He doesn't seem too intelligent.
- Stephanie Farrell (Christine Dunford) - Stephanie is Jack's Ex-wife and Nicole's mother. She was an actress that had the starring role on the show Thena Warrior Goddess (A spoof of the show Xena Warrior Princess) She later started dating Sheldon after he divorced his second wife Marianne.
- Sheldon Kramer (Barry Jenner) - Sheldon is Carly's Second Husband and Sarah's father. He is a millionaire. He starts out the series being married to his second wife Marianne but eventually divorces her and then starts dating Stephanie in the second season.
Brooks, Tim and Marsh, Earle, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows