Scribbly is a comic that runs daily in the Dutch edition of the Metro free newspaper, and has done so for the past five years. It is written and drawn by Jean-Paul Arends. Seven albums have been published containing the daily strips. The strip is known for its weird cast, and its tendency for parodizing well-known films and books.
- "Ik hoop dat die ene goeie erin staat" (I hope that good one is in here)
- "Ik snap ze nooit" (I never get them)
- "Doe maar iets creatiefs" (Make it something creative)
- "Daar moet je een stripje over maken" (You should make a comic about that)
- "De verzonken stad van Zahn-Luac" (The lost city of Zahn-Luac)
- "Een opsteker van jewelste"
- "Meer wafels, minder misdaad"
- Scribbly is the eponymous protagonist. He is a schizophrenic and lives in the House for the Mentally Disturbed.
- Psychotron is Scribbly's super-hero alter ego, in a few strips where he deludedly wears a red cape, which allows him to think he can fly
- Frits is Scribbly's voice-inside-his-head
- Quibus is an animated sheet of paper who is usually Scribbly's friend.
- Doctor Psilo leads the House for the Mentally Disturbed
- Zark is an alien that looks like a giant pickle with an antenna. He can use the antenna for radio reception, remote control, as well as hearing Frits. He hails from planet Zortian II.
- Kraz is Zark's brother. He lives on the same planet where Zark use to live
- Waverider is Zark's super-hero alter ego, who has no known powers.
- Doe-ran is a haunting spirit, in the shape of a floating mask, that was initially summoned by Quibus to torment Scribbly. He (it?) is a powerful magician.
- Draakje (little dragon) is, well, a little dragon that doesn't talk and has a tendency of breathing fire at inconvenient moments. He barks just like a dog
- Olav is a huge shouting man that used to be a porter at the House.
- V-252 is a friendly robot from outer space with a television on his belly. He is married to another robot, and they have a toaster for a child.
- H-Nibal is a huge killer robot from outer space, that was eventually defeated by D-2120.
The Dutch Scribbly website