Run a Crooked Mile
is a made-for-TV thriller in which Louis Jourdan
(in typically suave form) stars as Richard Stuart, an ordinary schoolteacher who, whilst on holiday, is a witness to a murder in a private secluded mansion.
When he reports this however, no evidence of any murder can be found, only a key on the floor. When he tries to investigate further he is knocked unconscious. He wakes up in a hospital room (after an apparent polo accident) and is astounded to discover that two years have elapsed during which he has been unhappily married to a beautiful woman (Mary Tyler Moore) and living a rich and extravagant life in Europe under the name Tony Sutton. Not only this, he has become mixed up in a plot to damage the whole European economy.
Acclaimed for its original premise, stylish photography (by Arthur Grant) and use of exotic locations, the film has managed to develop a cult following. However, it seems to have been somewhat overlooked lately and has now disappeared from TV schedules. To date it has not been released on video or DVD.
- Gene Levitt - Director
- Ian Lewis - Producer
- Charles F. Engel - Executive Producer
- Trevor Wallace - Writer
- Mike Leander – Original Music/Conductor Mike Leander Biography
- Arthur Grant – Cinematographer
- Bert Rule – Editor
- Bernard Robinson - Production Designer
- Weston Drury Jr. – Casting
- George Blackler - Makeup Artist
- Betty Glasow - Hair Stylist
- Donald Toms - Production Manager
- Bert Batt - Assistant Director
- Ken Softley - Construction manager
- Robert T. MacPhee - Sound Recordist
- William Trent - Sound Editor
- Charlie McFadden - Boom Operator
- Neil Binney - Camera Operator
- Rosemary Burrows - Wardrobe
- Philip Martell - Musical Director
- Joy Mercer - Continuity
- John Southwood - Location Manager
'Filmed in Britain
1969 – USA – Colour – 100mins'